Making a business successful takes a lot. Why stall its growth by using software that you have outgrown ? When businesses outgrow their current business software or technology offers a compelling reason to change, it’s time to relook at things. If your business is facing these challenges, then you should start looking too.
- Your organisation uses spreadsheets to manage business areas like Orders, Customers, Leads, Inventory or Production
- You struggle to manage inventory
- You don’t have easy access to quick and reliable information to take business decisions . Information / Reports are taking time to get and require manual intervention. When you do get reports its usually too late or you can’t trust the info. Your business is effectively running on guesswork
- Each department is running different software and don’t collaborate with each other
- Your business volumes and complexity of managing the business are increasing
- You are unable to get employees to adhere pre-set processes
- You do not get real-time alerts or notifications of important events / situations eg. Low stock, deviations in discounts or credit limits etc. You usually don’t get to know or know much after such incidents happen
- You don’t have visibility of operations across departments eg. Finance, Sales, Operations , Production
- Important decisions are made on guesswork. You manage sales forecasts , production or material requirement planning without actual information on a real-time basis
- Unauthorized users have access to your confidential data or users can make un-authorised changes to your transactions . Users are able to input incomplete or incorrect data into the software
- Managers are unable to approve transactions before they are finalised by juniors
- Cost of production and sales margins are not accurately known
It may sound surprising that growing businesses continue to use outgrown / outdated business software despite the above problems. Here are 9 reasons why they do :
- A perception that good software to handle all business processes is costly and the organisation may not be able to afford it
- No CIO or expert within the organisation to take an informed decision . Inadequate software evaluation / technology skills within the organisation
- A search on Google throws up too many options and is very time consuming to evaluate
- There is mistrust on sales-people to guide on the best software
- Lack of unbiased / expert advice to guide the organisation
- Fear of buying the wrong software
- Unsure about which is the most suitable business software for the organisation
- Inadequate definition of requirements and hence inability to choose the best software even after evaluating many options
- Ignorance of the fact that the right business software can help streamline the operations of the organisation and take it on its growth path
We have news for you. The right business software be it ERP, CRM or other business apps are affordable and easy to use.
There are great ready-to-use apps for every business type and can be setup without months of effort. The right business software is essential for business growth and can help save costs, enhance revenues and make business management easier. The solution is to take help from experts who can guide you on all the above aspects and ensure your challenges are fully addressed after a detailed diagnosis.
What businesses need is a trusted advisor that :
- Identifies Pain Area and Business Process
- Has a focus on diagnosing & fixing problems rather than just selling
- Helps find a solution that fits the available budget
- Constantly evaluates Software Products so keep pace with new applications released
- Does a proper diagnostic process to eliminate the risk of buying the wrong business software
Seeing the above challenges first hand during the 26 years of operation, is what led us to create SoftwareHunt – a service to help growing businesses get the right software in an unbiased manner based on a proper definition of business needs. These needs are then mapped to the best ERP’s available.
We would be glad to help you make your decision on the right business software. We don’t charge for offering 3 hours of consulting to guide you. Check out www.softwarehunt.in to define your needs or connect with us for a free diagnosis.